Thursday, June 25, 2009

Papa! I want a bicycle like them!

Assalamualaikum and good morning...

I did some work just now and now I think I want to relax. So I'm free relaxing so I said to myself, what if I continue writing my post.

Well in the previous post, I wrote about It's Just A Matter of Lifestyle. So now, I will try to reason out, why people likes to buy things which are more than the basic needs. As we know, the basic needs are food, clothes and shelter.

It's irrefutable that there two things in this world which are 'needs' and 'wants'. 'Needs' could be fulfilled easily but 'wants' couldn't be fulfilled easily. Usually wants are a lot.

So that's the basic thing we have to understand. Some people just can't control the 'want' proportion. If they can control it then InsyaAllah they will succeed in the fight.

The second thing, I think, why people are like that is the feeling of competitiveness in themselves. For example, "Oh Abang, our neighbour bought a nice new furniture, why don't we buy new furniture also." After nice new furniture, nice 34 inch TV, then compete in buying a karaoke set etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on.

I've heard from an Ustaz in a Tazkirah said that, when we are living on this world, don't look at somebody who is richer than us. Because we can never override or compete with people. We should look at somebody who is poorer than us. We should be thankful to God.

But in terms of Religion and the faith of Islam, look at somebody who is better than us, try to compete or be more pious than the person, that is better. Don't look to the people who is not good in Religion, because we will not be better worshippers.

So folks, control our wants and don't look at richer people and try to compete with them. We will be at the losing end. Be thankful to God always.

See you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment