Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Just A Matter of Lifestyle

Assalamualaikum and good morning to all...

I'm writing this post from my desk at my office. I have to do at 9.30 a.m. so I have about 10 mins to go hehe.

Well, I was thinking about my life and about life itself. I came up with a few questions. Why was it so important for people going to work? Some people go to work at offices from 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. Some of them plough the fields and grow crops and sell them to the market or the wholesaler. Some of them have their own restaurant to look after and operate. If they don't go to work, what will happen? Well it's so, so obvious if they don't go to work, they will not get salary, they will not get any money to buy things.

The second question that came into my head was, what are those 'things' that they will spend on that was so important, that they have to wake up in the morning and go to work? Well if I guessed it right, it must be the most basic things in life... which are food, clothes and shelter. Do you agree on this?

"I bring money to the home to buy food on the table and into your mouths. To put clothes on your bodies and to put shelter on your heads." Is that phrase familiar to you? Hehe.

If that being the case, the case is resolved then. Why? Because it answers my questions of why people go to work... and why people need money.

Is that all?

The answer is HELL NO!!!

Why???

This is because, I just don't get it when some people or majority of the people always say that they don't have enough money whether in the middle of the month or end of the month. Some of my friends make jokes of it. They always say like 'hey don't ask money okay... please understand it's the middle of month right...' and they will grin and laugh.

I read lots of articles on financial management, cashflow, bla bla bla and books on them also. Well I got a few answers. And the answers satisfies me. The most pleasurable answer to me is...

"IT'S JUST A MATTER OF LIFESTYLE"

Lifestyle will overthrow the mind from basic necessities in life to other sophistaced things in life. For example, if they already have food or basic food, they will have other sophisticated food. And those things will not be cheap. I remembered my brother, who doesn't eat much because he wants to maintain his weight (before this he was 120kgs but took a weight loss product and reduced to 75kgs), bought expensive food. Our mother always nag about this to him. This is what I call sophisticated food.

Other people probably, with the extra money (so they thought) go restaurants or fast food outlets to dine there. If you go to a burger outlet and order a burger, the cost is RM5.95 but if you buy a burger at a burger stall near your neighbourhood, the cost is just RM2.00. See? Basic burger and sophisticated burger. Haha.

It's the same as clothes and houses. They already have basic clothes, now they want stylish, up to date and branded clothes. From a normal house, they rennovate and even decorate the house. All these things cost a lot of money. Sometimes not hundreds but thousands.

The things I demonstrated above are the basic things in life that have been changed or upgraded into sophisticity. What about other things beyond food, clothes and house? ICT products, cars, furniture and thousands and thousands of products out there will surely capture the human eye, brain and heart.

I asked this question to myself? Why do people indulge in these things? Well... probably I'll answer it in the next post...

Until then... take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment