Wednesday, June 30, 2010

MORE MONEY DOESN'T SOLVE MONEY PROBLEMS! Part 3

continued...

We strolled back to our rented house in Section 2. My mind was still thinking on how to control the NEEDS and WANTS.

I remembered the friend who bought the house with a downpayment of RM20,000.00. He wear a watch like everybody else, where attire like everybody else and where shoes like everybody else. All in all, he's like us.

The only difference was, the type, the brandand the price of those things. For example, he wears a RM30.00 watch. Still it looks great on him. He said to one of my friends,"The most impotant thing for me is for the watch to show me time. So if that is the case, a RM30.00 watch will do. In fact, I've been wearing this watch for 3 years now. Another thing is that, if I left and lost it somewhere a.k.a. in the toilet, wudhuk area or in any R&R, I would not have a heart attack. Imagine if I wore a RM300.00 watch... I'll not sleep well at night."

Very true. So the next answer in controlling the NEEDS and WANTS is THINK SIMPLE PLAY SIMPLE. Another example of this kind of thinking is the buying of handphones. Nowadays there are handphones that could show Television broadcast, have variety of functions etc. When talking about technology, the price is not cheap. So again, go to the basics, 'What is the function of a telephone?' The answer would be, to call people, to text (sms) people. If there is the camera function, better buy a real camera with higher capabilities.

Next, if it is true some people say that people have unlimited WANTS, and some people say that people cannot control it, well I have another idea. Actually this idea has been used by many people. It is just some people never realised or believed on this method.

The way is to put away some money to fulfill unlimited WANTS. For example, I taught my wife that if she wanted anything from head scarves to handbags, put aside a little money every month plus surplus of every month in the bank until it reaches the goal. With that, she could buy anything she WANTS and I will be a happy man. Lol!

Whatever it is, the way is called BUDGETING. Every month, put aside some money in an envelope or bank or anywhere and DON'T DARE OPEN AND SPEND IT until the time is right. My wife allocate RM100 in her CIMB for SHOPPING SPREE. Every month's surolus is put there also. So when it reaches RM500.00 or more (the fifth month), she will spend it all. Sometimes from the shopping, she managed to have surplus, so it goes back into her CIMB. So, it means that, she gets to go shopping twice a year! Imagine, spending RM500.00+- for things that she already has!

I think those are the answers to support Answer 1# CONTROL OVER NEEDS AND WANTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment